Saturday, November 3, 2012


Gillian Marrah MSW, LMHC, LICSW  
Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker 


I have been in private practice since 1980, working with adults, teens and children. Offering individual, couples, family and group therapy sessions.

I use a large variety of counseling modalities which includes: cognitive-behavioral therapy, transactional analysis, transpersonal, and canine assisted therapy. I help people heal: family of origin issues, depression, anxiety, grief and loss, addictions, relationship and sexual issues, PTSD, spiritual, etc. 

I offer all of the above therapy services as well as Equine assisted therapy and personal healing retreats at Blackbird Pond Retreat on Whidbey Island.

Currently seeing clients in two locations:
Ballard, Seattle, WA 
Greenbank on Whidbey Island, WA

Contact Information:  
(206) 633-5864 or (360) 678-1520
gillianmarrahmsw@gmail.com


You can hear me on KUOW's Weekday program:

Animal assisted therapy:
http://www2.kuow.org/program.php?id=27485

Tips on coping with violence:
http://www2.kuow.org/program.php?id=27636


3 comments:

  1. A past client sent me this, and I wanted to share it:
    "Gillian was very influential in my young adult years as my therapist. She was very important in not only my healing and personal growth, but also teaching me skills that enabled me to get myself through a lot of challenging life circumstances. She taught me how to ask for support, get help, and to not give up. She helped me learn to value myself, and to define myself rather than let someone else do that for me. Gillian was there for me for both marriages, both divorces, my miscarriage, the birth of my daughter, the many relational issues I worked through and the several geographical moves I made. Now, as a therapist myself, Gillian is my colleague who's input I value tremendously. Gillian has definitely been not only the one to get me through the most, but who has taught me how to get myself through the most. Thanks Gillian! ♥"

    ReplyDelete